Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home with the Cows

Last weekend we (dogs and I) ended up in Blanding to help dad brand calf's. Of course I didn't let the dogs anywhere near the calf's. Eddie would have had a barking fest and lost his voice. They stayed home with Smokey and slept while everyone was gone. Ella is in heat and Eddie's hormones kicked in. My poor family got to experience the wonderful joy of watching a male dog mount a female dog. Yes, my family got to learn about the birds & the bees in regards to dog.(sorry family) This wasn't a good idea either because Eddie shouldn't have done that. So for the next few days we had to really watch Eddie and Ella and I had to keep them separated. Once I realize the situation I asked Tami to watch Eddie this week, so he got to spend the week with Smokey and they played hard everyday. When I pick Eddie up yesterday, Smokey wanted to come. I think he will be kinda sad today at loosing his playtime buddy.

I had a great time with the family and enjoyed every minute with them, after branding we took out the 4-wheelers and played the afternoon away. It was fun!


No comments: