Saturday, November 15, 2008

Catching Up

There are a few events that I need to catch everyone up on.
Deer Hunting this year was an event. I took both dogs with me and they had a ball playing with Smokey. The dogs ran around the farm house and played in the weeds to their hearts content. The family had fun roasting marshmallows around the campfire. The kids played and played and collected tons of bones. The women went for a walk down the dirt road, we walked 3 miles right before the sunset- it was really pretty. One funny story, when we the girls headed off to go on our walk the dogs followed us to the cattle guard. Ella and Smokey both stopped at the cattle guard but no not Eddie, he took a running jump and sailed over half of the cattle guard. He landed on the metal parts then moved his feet and his legs sank through the cattle guard. It was so funny. Eddie got he strength to jump the rest of the way to the ground and he looked so proud of him self that he had made it across the cattle guard. Tammi picked him up and put him back with the other dogs. The day of the deer hunt was a lot of fun. Kisti and I went hunting with Dad, he had us push some trees so to try to scare up some deer. We ended up scaring out a deer that JB shot. He was a nice 4 X 4 with a 26 inch spread. The horns set back slimier to elk horns. The horns are really pretty, JB is going to mount them. They will look great on his wall. Later I found out that Dad got his deer on the last day of the hunt. It was really relaxing being down on the farm. I had a ton of fun hanging with the family.

Halloween:
This year for Halloween I chose not to dress up the dogs. Ya I know I really should have but I didn't have the money. We had our annual family Halloween party and I dressed up as a flower child girl, Emily helped me put flower in my wig. I looked great. For the actual Halloween day, I dressed up as a Greek goddess for work. I had a ball in that costume- I even had a dagger. The evening was spent playing games with friends at the house. Then the next night I got to dress up as a Make up girl for a host a murder party. This was the best Halloween ever. I was able to dress up in three different costumes. I plan to dress up for Twilight here in a week. That will be so much fun. I enjoy dressing up in different costumes.

No comments: